Broadback

Doctor Evil wrote:

A few eves hanging over your property by a few inches and the likes

way high

up does not affect you in any way. In fact, if it is done properly

it would

make the pace look good. Ever tried being a decent neighbour.

I don't entirely disagree with you, although the overhang will be about
twenty inches and you have incorrectly presumed that I have a problem
with my neighbour. On the contrary...

However I am concerned firstly with the principle that the Planning
authorities can seemingly permit a structure which could give rise to
future legal actions between the applicant and his neighbours.
Secondly I am thinking of the (distant?) future when the planning rules
may permit development of a building abutting on to the neighbour's
property - what happens then?

By the way thank you, one and all, for your valid contributions - most
interesting and useful.

HS

The other, possibly major problem will be if you come to sell the house.
Friendly arrangements are all well and good while the friends remain
a) Friendly.
b) Next door neighbours.
I have certainly seen major problems in cases such as this. It cost my
son in law a lot of money and agro to sort one out. Even now after
settlement there is a nasty taste remaining.

--
Please do not email me at

All emails to that address are automatically
deleted before opening.