Larry Jaques

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 23:40:01 -0500, the inscrutable Ned Simmons
spake:

I didn't mean to imply you agree with the ruling. What I was saying is
that your theory that most murders are committed impulsively fits with
what seems to me to be one of the major arguments the Court considered
in making it's decision, i.e., that teenagers are impulsive by nature.

I just wish it had been a 5:4 split the OTHER direction. There have
been just 22 cases since '76 where the teens have done something so
nasty they were tried as adults and given the death penalty. States
attorneys had fought for that because of the potential problem.
Look for a rise in extreme violent crime from youths now.

BTW, people, not just teens, are impulsive by nature. I wish those
5 Supremes (or at least one) realized that.

Save the ||| http://diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming