Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
wrote:
Hello,

I'm hoping to get some insight on a dilemma. I'm not an expert at
explaining this type of thing, so please forgive me if this all sounds
confusing.

We (my wife and I) recently purchased a home, had our inspection, and
were waiting for a few final details to be taken care of before the
closing. One of which was that the current owners would agree to
replace the fuse panel in the basement with breakers. The current power
for the house is 100 amp.

I don't know if they are still available or if they would satisfy the
insurance requirements, but if you can find them, replace the fuses with
"Mini-Breakers" which screw into the fuse sockets.

I have only seen them with the standard (light bulb type) screw base so
if you have the type S fuses, your outa luck.