In article 1109984733.c2bd1b65066130abb1039c54b4db6e03@bubba news,
writes
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:53:48 +0000, Owain

I'm not sure if the OP is interested in quick-fix solutions to last 6
weeks before selling the house ie doing a Beeny, or is actually wanting
to live in the house first.
The latter :-)

Then I'd go for tarmac. The wear layer can be replaced just before
resale if it's looking tatty.

Owain

Yes, I think that`s the conclusion I`m being drawn to. Which brings me
to my next question: The garden that I`m going to cover has an L
shaped path running along the front of the house, and out to the
street. Can the tarmac be put over this, or does it have to come up?
If the latter, why? And does the answer also pertain to concrete?
(Just in case I go mad and decide to have that!)
Thanks

Depends what the path is made of, if its concrete then no problem, if
its slabs then I would crack and seat them (break them into smaller bits
and consolidate them with a roller)
The main difference between concrete and asphalt (Tarmac is a name not
the material) is that concrete can be structural and self supporting.
--
David