Don

Thanks Bob.
I'm still researching, I'll look at the Grizzly's.
By next Sat I'm hoping to have made a committment.

"Bob" wrote in message
Have you checked out the Grizzly G0444 yet? I'm going to buy one in the
next month or so. I'm also going to get the riser kit with it. There have
been some pretty good comments on this news group about the bandsaw, and
it's under 500 bucks.

"Don" wrote in message
ink.net...
Thanks all for the comments.
I'm gonna check out the Jet bandsaws in person on Monday.
I googled Iturra and came up with this:
Iturra Design; 888-722-7078;

Don't know if the info is valid but I'm sending him an email request for
catalog tonight.
Thanks again.

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in
message
"Don" writes:

I've looked at the Jet & Delta 14" models with open stands and like

both,
but I don't really know what I'm looking at.

Get the Iturra bandsaw catalog. It is HUGE, valuable and free. It's
filled with essays, reviews, tune-ups, etc for bandsaws... Get
informed. They review the Delta vs Jet. They also review a new Delta to
an old Delta.

No web site. You have to call Iturra.

There is no clear winner. Both are good. A quick release is useful to
save bandsaw tension, which helps the tires and blades last longer.
The Jet 14" deluxe has a imitation Carter Release. ($699). You also
get a heftier motor.

For $200 more ($899) the Powermatic adds a lot more.
Carter Quick Release, Rip Fence, Miter Fence, light, blower, etc.
I looked at that saw with envy.

The Jet has a special deal (until April) where you can save $50 when
you buy an accessory. You have to buy it from the same dealer. I got
the Riser block with mine last year. Check if the open stand one
qualifies for the rebate.