Owen Lowe

In article ,
"Michael Lehmann" wrote:

Seems to me that if you copy someones work and try and sell it as their work
you are a dog and that would be fraud.

What of the person who copies someone's work and displays it for sale as
their own creative expression? That is much more likely, in my opinion,
among the woodturning masses. Does anyone out there tell, or have you
overheard other turners telling, buyers that the piece they are looking
at is "in the style of" or an attempt at producing work originated by
Johnabob Ellsonik, professional turner? Is it a matter of the turner not
being forthcoming with information because the buyer does not know the
right question to ask?

If there is no desire to mislead buyers who are not familiar with the
evolution of woodturning, why are such statements of creative origin so
silent? Are these turners not proud of their abilities to mimic the
style and designs of others?

As forgeries are fraudulent, purposefully omitting pertinent information
is fraud as well - though I believe it is a moral and ethical failing,
for this discussion, rather than legal.

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long