brugnospamsia

"Mike" wrote in message

"Magician" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ikea isn't all bad either!!

Only good thing Two Jags ever did for Stockport - banned them building an
Ikea there !

I joined in with the young folks on the M32 roundabout in Bristol about five
years ago protesting about IKEA - even though I couldn't wait for it to open
myself - but left quietly when I heard the rave wagon had been stopped by
the police ... I have to say as a 40 year old fogey I was slightly
intimidated by the police dogs especially when it dawned on me that they
might also be the sort of dog that could smell the "hand-rolled cigarette"
in my pocket ;-)

As it was, I discreetly disposed of the afore-mentioned item and left,
tipping my hat to the Kevlar armoured policemen little more than half my age
and they were similarly respectful in return :-)

They probably assumed I was a journalist or a social scientist or something
so I wasn't in any danger of arrest in any case and hence wasn't very cool
at all ;-)

I acknowledge Ikea /is/ annoyingly laid-out and is frequented by a lot of
"Sunday Supplement" types, but I'm way too lazy to spend hours fashioning
slatted wooden shelves when I can buy a couple of "hat racks" for less than
the price of the materials.

As it happens the long-term plans for my house feature no laminate flooring
or decking and very little from Ikea, but I still find much of their stuff
to be functional rational good design .....

just my 4.8 old pence' worth

BTW I've decided 45 is the new 40 :-)