Bruce Barnett

"Don" writes:

I've looked at the Jet & Delta 14" models with open stands and like both,
but I don't really know what I'm looking at.

Get the Iturra bandsaw catalog. It is HUGE, valuable and free. It's
filled with essays, reviews, tune-ups, etc for bandsaws... Get
informed. They review the Delta vs Jet. They also review a new Delta to
an old Delta.

No web site. You have to call Iturra.

There is no clear winner. Both are good. A quick release is useful to
save bandsaw tension, which helps the tires and blades last longer.
The Jet 14" deluxe has a imitation Carter Release. ($699). You also
get a heftier motor.

For $200 more ($899) the Powermatic adds a lot more.
Carter Quick Release, Rip Fence, Miter Fence, light, blower, etc.
I looked at that saw with envy.

The Jet has a special deal (until April) where you can save $50 when
you buy an accessory. You have to buy it from the same dealer. I got
the Riser block with mine last year. Check if the open stand one
qualifies for the rebate.