Lew Hodgett

RR wrote:
What is the best way to glue together ( laminate ) 2 sheets of MDF together?
The size will be about 13" X 96". What is the best glue for the job? Would
vacuum bagging work well? TIA

I've done quite a bit of this using full size 4x8 sheets of 1/2 CDX.

Did it with TiteBond II, worked quite well.

Would suggest the following:

Spread a sheet of plastic on a bench or on a concrete floor (driveway)
that is flat, then lay down first piece of MDF.

Using a Bondo spreader (plastic piece, 3"-4" wide), apply lots of
TiteBond II (Now you know why I buy in in gallon jugs) to the bottom piece.

Lay top piece on glue surface, align pieces, and clamp on each end with
2" spring clamps.

Now weight the two (2) boards down using full size (8x8x16) concrete
blocks as weight, removing spring clamps as you go and allowing excess
TiteBond to ooze out.

Allow to cure at least 24 hours before removing blocks.

There are several better techniques to get and hold registration between
the two (2) pieces, but the above was good enough for my job.

HTH

Lew