gandalf

"RR" wrote in message
news:vw5Wd.572603$8l.543965@pd7tw1no...
What is the best way to glue together ( laminate ) 2 sheets of MDF
together?
The size will be about 13" X 96". What is the best glue for the job?
Would vacuum bagging work well? TIA

I made my benchtop out of MDF. 4 layers 18mm (3/4") each. I used PVA. Just
ensure you have a flat surface to work on as MDF will sag under its own
wieght once the glue is applied. Not a lot, maybe 2 - 4mm on your span, but
can easily be avoided by taking that into account. It also helps to have
another willing helper to glue up and help lift the sheets as they're mighty
heavy. I just placed a load of other wood and tools and anything else at
hand on top to hold it tight while the glue set. It is as solid as a rock,
but much heavier.