Richard Ferguson

This is a hitch mounted hoist, I read a favorable review in a 4x4
magazine. Usually used with pickup trucks, but can be used with vans,
see the website below.

http://www.spitz-lift.com/cargovan-package.htm

The ramp is another option, could be homebuilt.

But for loads in the 50 kg - 110 lb range, I favor what is called a team
lift. In other words, two people pick it up. That keeps the weight
down to what each person can reasonably handle. If I have something too
heavy for me to comfortably pick up by myself, I ask a neighbor to help
me. Many hands make light work.

I am also amazed that a company would sell 50 kg bags, and then create a
rule that it is unsafe for employees to pick them up! So it is safe for
homeowners and others to lift something, but not their own employees?
What a double standard. Find another company, preferably one that sells
25 kg bags. The local Home depot store sells concrete in two bag sizes,
one almost 50 kg, the other closer to 25 kg. I always buy the smaller bag.

Richard

Terry Collins wrote:
I am looking for suggestions as to something I can fabricate to load and
unload 30-50kg (~110lb) weight/bags from my van.

On occassions I need to bring home bags of concrete mix, blood and bone,
lime, gypsum, etc and these weigh 35+kg, which is getting to be the
limit of my ability to lift and due to diabetic complications, could
also cause other problem.

Sadly I don't have a grand daughter, and even if I did, OH&S prohibits
the young blokes at the hardware store from showing off and loading
these for me (25kg max). Plus all these bags weigh as much as my willing
helpers at the other end.

So, I'm looking for a van roof or floor mount device (that I can
construct) that will swing out out, lift bag, swing back in and lower
bag.

Ideas welcome.