Mike Fields

Hey, we have our own ungainly looking vehicle that runs around the
ocean -- check out the launch platform for SeaLaunch
http://www.sea-launch.com/
A converted oil platform that is homebased in Long Beach, Ca and
we run out to the equator to launch the rockets. The thing is huge !
Sort of sits on what looks like two submarines !

mikey

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
That isn't one ship, it's *two*. They may be linked in such a way as
to provide exceptional resistance to rolling. - GWE

Lane wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...

This is one of those "can you believe this" pictures....the ship is
currently stuck off the Golden Gate, waiting for seas to die down
enough to lower the cranes' top beams, so it will fit under the bridge.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...archive/2005/0

3/04/cranes0404.DTL&o=0

Can you imagine sailing that across the big ocean????

Regards,

Bob

Just think of the ballast weight that it would need in the hold to
compensate!

Lane