Anthony

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT to reply
wrote in .net:

I don't know if that high a speed would be possible in that short a
distance. My servos max at 1700 rpm or 170 ipm on my CNC knee mill.
But I limit max speed to 50 ipm. (Chicken s%^&t here) You wouldn't
need anywhere near the torque though, if you geared it 3:1 you'd get
560 ipm top. If you want to go faster, you'll need big servos.I've
seen calculaters for table weight, speed, acceleration, etc. that give
the required servo torque, on a vendor website

They have made major advances in linear motors in the last two years.
They are now the fastest accelerating motors you can buy. The cost has
came way down also. There are several machining centers now being
manufactured with linear motors because of the speed.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email