Wpg Man

Default Crushed Carpet Probs

Any recommendations on crushed carpet?

My old saxony carpet was the lowest grade, yet it didn't crush too
badly. I just got, what is supposed to be a "cut above the lowest
grade" saxony installed. It is really dense. When you stand on it,
"you are really standing on top of it", ie - you don't sink. The
surface is like a pool table, and you notice any indentations.

I'm not really to worried about furniture that sits in one place, but
the wheels on my office chair crush the carpet and leave grooves (a
real mess). The vacuum beater doesn't do anything as this carpet is
as dense as hardwood. I'm thinking of replacing it with the cheap
stuff, if I have to continually maintain it. Any thoughts?