Joseph Meehan

pkmicro wrote:
Hi,

I have an old GE 24 Cu. ft. Side-by-side Refrigerator. Lately it has
been dripping water under the front freezer door
and the Front water dispenser is not working (no water coming out). But
the Ice maker is still working. I could see
a thick layer of ice build up on the bottom of the freezer under the
meat tray. Can anyone here tell me if I can fix
this? I have read the manual and it says that the water supply line
might be clogged with sediments.
But it did not show me how to remove and replace the plastic tube. Can
this be done by my self or should I call
the repair technician. Does it worth fixing or it's time to buy a
new one. It's 20 years old. Thanks in advance.

At 20 years old I would not put a lot of money into repairs. However I
can think of two I would try.

Replacing or cleaning that filter should be an easy job. I don't know
your frig so I can't give you any detailed instructions. Maybe someone will
or you can try a appliance parts supply and see if they have a filter
available for that model. It may well come with the instructions.

I would also suggest, after the above, that you unplug it for at lest 24
hours. That means finding neighbors to store some of your food and eating
the rest. It will allow the frost that is there to melt off. That in
itself maybe causing some problems. I suggest 24 hours as many times some of
that ice is built up inside where you can't see it and it takes a long time
to melt. Leave the doors blocked open.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math