Howie

I looked up into the floor joists from below, I didn't see many missed
screws...

"twfsa" wrote in message
Are you useing a stud sensor to find the floor joist. Maybe not all the
screws are hitting the joist.

Tom
"Howie" wrote in message
I am trying to rid our kitchen of a squeaky linoleum floor before we
install
our laminate flooring over top... any advice?

I used 1 3/4" screws about every 2-3 feet to alleviate the problem.,
screwing them down into the subfloor (3/4" thick plywood) and into the
joist
below. The floor is quieter than before, but still has a number of
really
noisy sections. Even where I applied multiple screws, the floor seems

squeak between the joists??

any ideas/ tips/suggestions/comments?

Howie