Tekkie

Stumped Moron posted for all of us....

It's my understanding that the smaller blade is "hot" and should go to the
switch. So that when the switch is off, the socket is not hot.

Hey Stumped BOTH wires go to the switch.. So what are you going to tell the
OP now?

To OP: Small blade on plug is hot side goes to unmarked side of cable *note
NOT "extention cord" which goes to brass screw which is switched side of
socket - little button in bottom. Of course one could always Google "lamp
wiring" but I guess it's just easier to ask, then to get a nice little very
exacting animated course on how to do it.
--
Tekkie