Kim

I had the same problem with squeaks between the joists where there is no
support between the T&G plywood. You need to get in the crawl space and put
in some blockings from below to tie the two plywood sheets together.

If you do decide to remove the linoleum and have the plywood exposed then
injecting penetrating epoxy from above (flows like water for dry rot
applications) into the T&G sections between the joists should help.

"Howie" wrote in message
I am trying to rid our kitchen of a squeaky linoleum floor before we
install
our laminate flooring over top... any advice?

I used 1 3/4" screws about every 2-3 feet to alleviate the problem.,
screwing them down into the subfloor (3/4" thick plywood) and into the
joist
below. The floor is quieter than before, but still has a number of
really
noisy sections. Even where I applied multiple screws, the floor seems to
squeak between the joists??

any ideas/ tips/suggestions/comments?

Howie