Ray K

The bushing (1st part on right of the ones in group #18) is on the
motor shaft (the one that moves in & out 3/16") right in front of the
worm gear and goes into the motor mount bracket (part #17).

The bushing is pushed into the brkt by hand & a collar holds it in
place. There is a small tab on the bushing that goes into a slot on the
motor mount bracket to keep it from spinning.

As the bushing wears the motor shaft will start to bounce & is quite
possible that it may bounce more in one direction then the other.

Doordoc

I've examined things more closely; the play is more like 3/32. I can't
take it out by setting the helical screw closer to the bushing, because
the screws that hold the helical fit into slots, not holes.

As someone else pointed out, I used WD-40 on some of the parts instead
of a silicone lube. I'll buy silicone in a day or so and hope for the
best. Otherwise, I'll just replace everything when the noise gets even
worse. If I catch a sale right, should be around $150.

Many thanks,

Ray