This was our first install of laminates so we were not experts.

The primary reason we chipped so many was because we took it all up once. We
did this because we could not get the last piece in because of a doorframe
(could not lift it up to a 20% angle) to lock it to the previous piece. So
we took it up and started at the doorframe and then it laid fine. But in
the process we nicked it quite a bit.

When we laid it the first time I think there was only one scratch. The
average person looking at it would have a hard time seeing the flaws now the
floor is completely laid.

My advice is to just be a little careful. I didn't find it to be as 'hard'
on the top as some of other laminates ( my pergo didn't seem to chip as
easily). The next test is to see how durable it is.

Good luck,

James

]
"longshot" wrote in message

I just bought some of that stuff at 88 cents a sq foot. I haven't
installed
it yet, how did you chip it in 7 spots already? that worries me a bit.

LS