Colbyt

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
I am replacing my old bath tub. The old one has been taken out. The space
is 60.5" x 32". The new bathtub measures 59.5" x 32". There is only one
inch of extra space lengthwise. I could remove some support posts at the
plumbing side to get an extra 1.5" lengthwise. That is 2.5" of space. I
cannot get more space without removing all the brand new plumbing that I
just installed. Am I kidding myself that I could move the bathtub into

this
space? Any ideas are appreciated.

It can be done with a helper using an acrylic tub.

The hardest part is turning it into position once you get it in the room.
It depends on the tub you select. It also helps if the stud wall is exposed
on at least one side.

What you do is put the faucet end on the floor then lift the tub and lower
the other end toward the floor. Most of the tubs I have seen will then
settle into place because the non-faucet end has extra dead space. Then you
just slide it into place.

You might even be able to use one of those 2 or 3 piece models if you are
skinny enough to crawl out between 2 studs after attaching the back side
connectors.

Colbyt