John

"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

John wrote:
I'm about to renovate a room a make it into a library. I want it to
have "old english" -style wood panels. Where can I buy panels that I
can apply myself?

There are several approaches. If you want real look, you go to England
and buy real, old panels. That is a little expensive and you may need to do
some adjusting to the room or the panels.

You have have them made for you or build them yourself. This way they
can match the room size. The quality of the results depends on the skill of
who does the work and the quality of the materials. Price can vary from
cheap to very expensive.

I suppose pre-made or semi-custom panels can be ordered.

That's what I'm lookin after. Cost is ofcourse important. I'm also looking for
plaster mouldings to another room - roof corners and ornament style..

So how are your woodworking skills? DIY can result in some really good
high quality work if you have the skills and time. It also may be one of
the least expensive options.