William

"Robert Barr" wrote in message
m...

Do you have the hydraulic set? Just curious... I've punched

considerable metal
with the hydraulic set. Let us know.

Unfortunately, I could never justify the cost of a hydraulic set. This
is the manual type which I use a ratchet on.

I've seen these dies rated at 10 gauge (but 10 gauge of what?), and the
good Elkay sinks are 18 and 20 gauge, so the thickness isn't a
challenge. I'm pretty certain that SS is tougher than the stamped stuff
that electrical boxes are made of.

The 10 gauge rating is on mild steel. I don't have my greenlee catalog in
front of me but, they are also rated for SS in thinner sections ( I think to
16 gauge )
Remember that the conduit punches punch odd sized holes, they are marked
for the size of the conduit not the hole!

William.....

I guess we will see soon.