chip

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 19:57:07 -0500, Tekkie wrote:

Ian posted for all of us....

The Tecumseh 4 stroke engine on my (old) Ariens snow blower has
progressively required more choke to keep running. At the start of the
season I'd start it with full choke and eventually move it to "no
choke". Recently it has needed full choke just to run, even when
warmed up. Now it stalls if I don't keep priming it ("Mega Choke").

Any suggestions on why this would happen and is there an easy DIY
remedy?

Thanks,

Ian

The engine is getting too much air, find the leak by spraying carb cleaner
where you suspect it might be. Go from there.

pull the float bowl, you have crap in the main jet and or bowl
itself. i doubt it's an air leak.
Chip