Heathcliff

i'm doing an area where there is a cast iron radiator. i know it will
look lousy if i try to cut around the 4 "feet" it stands on. old guy
told me to jack up the radiator ever so slightly and slide the

flooring
in under it - anyone ever hear of this - you know what i'm afraid of.

I've done it. A couple times when doing flooring projects I have been
able to pull up a cast iron radiator slightly, using a crowbar and
block of wood. Has not caused any leaks. The pipes to the radiators
are 80 year old iron.

When I put laminate in the kitchen I was not able to lift up the
radiator enough to get clearance under it; had to cut around the legs.
That's why they make that matching-color caulk. Of course, you always
have to cut around the pipes anyway.