Steve Manes

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:17:18 -0500, The Real Tom Tom @
www.WorkAtHomePlans.com wrote:

When you look at the houses, they are designed such that you share
everything. These houses are old, so the common wall between
occpancies, have mixed electrical and plumbing running through it, and
I dont' think they met fire wall definiation when built in the early
1900's. So if you can imagine the construction of a block, the houses
are more like simple isolated sections of a large communial building.
A grand scale of the large cubical offices.

I can't speak for every row house in Brooklyn but my 1906 house
(www.magpie.com/house) has three layers of brick between it and my
immediate neighbors and the plumbing and electrical doesn't tranverse
it. I've worked on several other row houses and found much the same.

These old houses were, if anything, overbuilt compared to more modern
condo-type row houses.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs