Edwin Pawlowski

"Shawn" wrote in message
I have kitchen cabinet knobs that have a design engraved in them, and the
design has a definite orientation as to which way is up and which way is
down.

The screws however on nearly all the pulls inside the cabinet just spin.
So after a couple times pulling on that cabinet pull, the knob has twisted
so the design is upside down or whatever.

I've tried putting a screwdriver on the screw at the back while holding
the pull at the front and tightening. It just ends up loosen eventually.

You need to either cut the screws down a bit, or put a washer under them so
there is some compression at the wood. Perhaps even a flat washer and lock
washer.