Edwin Pawlowski

"Don" wrote in message
nk.net...
I'm wanting to buy a Bandsaw and only want to spend about $500 +
accessories.
I've looked at the Jet & Delta 14" models with open stands and like both,
but I don't really know what I'm looking at.
(I like the Jet the best)
I read the stuff over at Woodcraft about setting one up properly.
So my question is, what features should I be looking at to make a
determination on what to buy?
I'm pretty much a long term novice at this stuff and my interest is in
making lawn furniture and miscellaneous woodworking, home repair and hobby
projects.
Thanks.

Both are pretty good saws for the money. More money, better quality. For
most cutting and a little re-sawing, the open base is a fine machine. If
you want to add a riser block and re-saw 12" material, go with the closed
base as, IIRC, it has a 1/4 HP more. If they are setup properly either one
will do what you ask of it.