Larry Blanchard

In article ,
says...
I've
sort of narrowed the search down to TurboCAD, DesignCAD and Autosketch.

I've used TurboCad. I'm not familiar with the other two. If they're
like TurboCad, you'll have a steep learning curve. But past that, I use
TC for both woodworking and model rr designs and find it works for both.
I have not used the 3D capabilities, so no opinion there.

One of th nice things about TC is that new versions come out frequently.
You can find one or two versions back for very little money.