patrick mitchel wrote:
Anybody have some favorites when it comes to gas cans and why? TIA

Pat

For what purpose? Off-roading, lawnmower/chainsaw/leafblower, long
term storage for a generator or what? I like the plastic ones that run
about 2 gallons that the chain auto parts joints sell for lawn tools
and the like, they're light, don't rust, don't tip over in a vehicle
and you can readily see how much you have in the container. Blitz is
the brand of the ones I have. Downside is that they bloat like a dead
dog in the heat of summer, metal cans will do that, too, but not as
badly.

Unless it's for playing Rat Patrol with jeeps, I don't have a lot of
use for the old jerry can. Biggest problem with those is that they
rust and gas always has a little water in it. I once drained a plastic
container in sub-freezing weather and had a slug of ice in the bottom
about the size of a silver dollar.

Blitz also had a 5 gallon version, it's got a handle in the side for
easier pouring. Not as stable when moving it around in a vehicle,
though.

Stan