Glenn Ashmore

That is a Hundai Heavy Industries crane transporter with a load of container
cranes. They will be unloading more stuff for Wallmart to sell. Hundai
builds them in Korea and ships them in one piece all over the world.

When they get along side the warf where the cranes will be installed the
ballast is adjusted to raise or lower the ship so the cranes can just roll
off onto the rail tracks that they will work on. I watched the process at
the Wando terminal in Charleston. Really something to see.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is one of those "can you believe this" pictures....the ship is
currently stuck off the Golden Gate, waiting for seas to die down
enough to lower the cranes' top beams, so it will fit under the bridge.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...es0404.DTL&o=0

Can you imagine sailing that across the big ocean????

Regards,

Bob