Rod Richeson wrote:
I've checked the usually suspects, Little Machine Shop, Horrible

Fright,
Enco, for a 0.25" R8 mill end holder for my mini-mill. I have 2

items I
want to buy individuals holders for and they are both 0.25".

Maybe, just Maybe, I could bore out a 3/16" to 1/4" but my mini-lathe

isn't quite as accurate as I would hope it to be.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Rod

Looks like 1/2" is the smallest common shank size for end mill holders
in R8. However, you can get R8 collets in sizes much smaller than
1/4". Usual suspects have R8 collets, MSC carries 4 different brands
in 1/4". Another solution would be to sleeve the 1/2" holder down to
1/4". Personally, I'd go for the collet, you probably won't be
applying enough side force to walk the cutter out and you'd gain
3/4"-1" extra height over the table over the end mill holder.

Stan