Rex B

I just recently purchased a 17" benchtop drill press from a industrial
supplier. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the distance from the
spindle to the table is a max of 18" and I really need it to be 24" for
me to do what I'm looking to drill. I talked to the supplier and there
isn't much they can do. I can get a longer column sent but at a premium
price where it'd be just as cheap to buy a new drill press of proper
size. The column is 80 mm (3-1/8") OD. Can someone pass along some
advice as to how I might go along with extending the column length so i
don't need to scrap this drill press and shell out more money for a new
one?

thanks,

Scott

Got a lathe?
Either turn a new column, or turn up an extension that will press into
the existing column.

--
- -
Rex Burkheimer