The Natural Philosopher

Phil Addison wrote:

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:07:47 -0000, in uk.d-i-y "Tim Downie"
wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

It is perfectly possible to use a small camping gaz stive in a closed
vehicle, provided you do it on a fireproof surface, and have the
vehicle fan running.

The floor of an estate vehicle is as good as it gets.

Hmm, good point. With the fan turned up full there's no shortage of through
draft. With the rear seats removed there's plenty of space to set up a
stove. Might reconsider that one.

And if your beloved forgets to turn on the fan, or its not fast enough

OK for yourself, but to risk CO poisoning of another is not on.

You will be misted up and fugged up with H2O and CO2 long before the
stove starts to produce significant CO.

I have DONE THIS.

In fact and in practice. It works. Usually we left the back doors open.
In pouring and driving rain we kept the engine running and removed the
engine cover. No heater or fan on that van in those days. :-)

Failure to do either resulted in HUGE condensation. We even did that
too, for a quick cuppa parked up in torrential rain. We certainly didn't
die of CO posoning. It only takes a few minutes to boil a camping kettle.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me