doozer

I would say the best place to source it would probably be dedicated
chemical supplier. Some will show to private individuals but be prepared
to buy a fair amount. You will be able to get everything from MS grade
ethanol (very expensive) to cheap slosh-it-round-glassware grade which
will probably only be denatured with methanol. Even the cheap stuff will
come with a breakdown of it's contents.

Maybe try Sigma Aldrich (www.sigmaaldrich.com).

Graham

Andy Dingley wrote:
It was somewhere outside Barstow when Bill Woods
wrote:

I use METHYLATED SPIRITS as a cleaner in the home and garage. I want
to buy a couple of litres.

Anyone got a source for undyed meths without the pyridine ? I'm
using it as a solvent for shellac in french polishing. I can live with
the methanol, but the stench of pyridine is horrible.

Price not really an issue !

At the moment I'm using pure (sic) ethanol, which is a royal pain to
get hold of.