David Van Nort

I've had this saw(22849) for 3 or 4 years. It's performed well but the slop
in the miter slot shows a lack of quality in current Craftsman items.
Knowing what I know now about Craftsman quality I probably wouldn't buy it
again. Seems like Craftsman's greatest features are heavy discounts / sales
off of their high prices , dont pay for 60 day offers and the fact that
after SWMBO has dropped 2 grand on new appliances or furniture, a new piece
of shop equipment in an easy sell.
Duke if you coul provide me with that link for dust collection I'd
appriciate it.

Dave

"Dukester" wrote in message
22849 I believe. It's a decent saw, although I hate the slop in the stock
miter gauge. I think it is not sold anymore in the states as Sears came

out
with a new line last year. Go to epinions.com and you'll see it and other
incarnations of it there (22839, 22859); 39 has the stamped wings (the saw

have, 59 has the full cast iron wings, 49 (the one you are looking at) has
the cast iron butterfly extensions.

David Eisan wrote an excellent post several years ago about how to

retrofit
the lower-end saws with dust collection parts directly around the lower

part
of the blade that comes standard on the high-end model. I'll send you the
google link if you are interested. The dust collection works surprisingly
well and I wonder why other manufacturers don't have something similar.

Cheers!
Duke

"Highspeed" wrote in message
news:1109943846.325a00ff56501147713933005729a303@t eranews...
I recently received this saw as a gift:

http://www6.sears.ca/webapp/wcs/stor...storeId=10001&
catalogId=10001&categoryId=10102&langId=-1&rrc=1&productId=158059636

The Canadian part numbers from Sears are different from the US Part

numbers
and I was wondering if anyone knows the US number for this saw? I found

it
once and failed to write it down, now I can't find it again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lars