edog

Default installing beadboard

Hi Folks,

I plan on installing beadboard in my kitchen and it will be a first for
me so I have a few questions.

1) I don't want to use cement glue or any other adhesive to attach the
beadboard directly to drywall. I might want to remove it one day or a
future resident would like to without the complication of installing
new drywall.

Can I attach 1/2" to 3/4" long wood strips (some call them furring
strips) to the studs from the outside of the drywall to give myself a
nailing surface to attach the beadboard? Do you see any problem with
this being that there will be a small air pocket between the drywall
and the beadboard ? (moisture/mold, even firehazard)

2) Do I need some moisture barrier between the drywall and beadboard
since there will be a void between the two surfaces ?

3) Outlets:

What's the best way to handle the outlets since the beadboard will be
'floating' off the drywall. Will I have to extend the junction box out
to the surface of the beadboard ? Or just purchase longer screws for
the outlets to attach to the junction box.
Remember I don't want to use any adhesives if at all possible for the
above cited reasons.

I think that's it for now. Thanks in advance.