Alun Saunders

Mark Hancock wrote:
Don't know if it's related but when you fell ash it always shows a pinkish
tinge on the cut surface. This soon disappears on exposure to air.

I noticed that too ... some form of oxidisation maybe? Anyway I'm still
confused as I took a small bit of ash (admittedly not from the same
blank) and sprayed it with water and ... nothing. This was a small
spindle though rather than the exposed end grain I had the problem with
on the bowl. Also, the discoloration I noticed didn't disappear, at
least not over a period of a day or two.
--
Alun Saunders