Wild Bill

I'm curious about the pattern that can be etched, do you have more details?

Could the reader head be built from readily available components?

Thanks
WB

"Mark" wrote in message
I've had 3 sets of Chinese ones for 6-7 years. They get intermittent
near grinding dust; take off the cover, pull the head off the slide,
clean it up and start over - good for another 3-4 years.

Remember that the spar has only an etched copper foil pattern that
can be duplicated at home, if you need a 3-foot DRO...

/mark

Bugs wrote:

HF had their grand opening of a store in Johnson City TN this week. Got
a 6" caliper for $10, other great bargains.
Slapped it on my gage standards when I got home. Every size is dead
bang on.
Bugs