Doug Miller

In article , Mark wrote:
On 2 Mar 2005 21:28:38 -0800, wrote:

I recently won a bid for a HUD home. HUD appraisel was 150K. The
cheapest proeprty I actually found on the market in the same
neighborhood was 184K. I won the bid for 137K so I have room to spare.
(House needs paint, carpet, appliances, light fixtures)

Additionally, the house was built in the year 2000 so it is 5 years
old and the builder that built it claims to offer a 10 year,
transferrable warranty. Finally, understanding that HUD isn't going to
fix any problems I may find and I am reasonably confident I can perform
most common home repairs myself, why should I pay/hire a home
inspector?

Never waste your money on an inspector. Many states don't require licensing,
which means you can just put an ad in the paper to be a home inspector.

Just bear in mind that free advice is often worth exactly what you paid for
it.

You'd be far better off finding a friend of a friend of a friend who knows
something and have them take a look. Hell, look in the yellowpages for a
building contractor and see if they'll do it for you.

Uh-huh. Right.

Just never ever waste your money an actual "Home Inspector". Over the last 15
years or so I think everyone I know who has wasted their time has a horror
story of something that got missed.

And how many people who didn't have their homes inspected *also* have horror
stories?

--
Regards,