Kim

Its your call. My reason was labor rate in San Francisco for refinish and
repair was much higher than the material for laminate and repair if I do it
myself. I did see a refinished parquet floor and it didn't look too good
because of too many nail holes and wood seperation. Too bad because
everything in that remodel job was very high end.

"Blue" wrote in message ...
I have a rental unit with a parquet wood floor that needs refinishing.
Would you suggest refinishing that or replacing it with the Costco/SamsClub
laminate?

"Kim" wrote in message

"pkmicro" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi Ikon,

I am thinking about replacing my carpet with Costco's Laminate floor
that is having $5.00 rebate per carton right now.
How do you like it? Or should I go with real hardwood floor?

I've installed about 1,000sf of the Costco laminate and it worked out
well. I'm now in the process of installing another 600sf in another
house. Those are for rental units - Laminates are cheap (for the DIYs)
and tough. Wood flooring is good too and has more warmth (feel and sound
different too) to it and your could renew it with a floor sander later
on but its not as tough (hard) as laminate. On still another house I'm
replacing a 50 year old oak flooring with laminate. Repairing a piece of
laminate in the middle of the room would be a pain in the ass but I'm not
at that stage yet. On my own house I'll go with hardwood or bamboo in the
major rooms just for the warmth and we're nowhere as hard on the flooring
as the tenants.

The $5 rebate is pretty good. You could get cheaper laminates at Sam's
Club or http://lumberliquidators.com/ but some of it are just junk -
Costco's is warranted for 25 years.