Martin H. Eastburn

Gunner wrote:

On 2 Mar 2005 22:53:37 GMT, Ignoramus24456
wrote:

On 2 Mar 2005 14:33:48 -0800, jim rozen wrote:

In article , Tim Wescott says...

A long long time ago when my Parent's shop was inspected by OSHA we got
dinged (but not cited) for having outlets with the ground pin up, the
reasoning being that with the pin down the last thing that'll go will be
the safety ground.

Look closely at the a hubbell receptacle. The name appears
rightside up when the ground pin is on the top. That's what
hubbell thinks on the subject, anyway. g

I understand the reason for the ground pin being on top has
to do with the idea that any foreign object which falls down
on the plug will encounter the ground pin rather than a
hot lead - if the plug were partly loose.

Hubbell receptacles are also good enough so that a plug that is
inserted, stays inserted.

Sometimes, .no matter how hard you pull.
Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael

I used Hubbell connectors up to the 300 amp - 5 wire - 3 phase ones.

I started with the 220 V 50 amp stile and worked up to the big Blue ones. :-)
That was in another life. Wish I had a few big ones around now!
Just have some small ones.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn