Gunner

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 23:26:35 GMT, Johan wrote:

In article ,
Ned Simmons wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:22:20 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

Your comment was regarding in effect, we execute minors. Which was
completely incorrect.

Well we *could*, until a few days ago, if not for the fact
that the justice system is so slow. I'm sure you're not
saying that the slower we apprehend, try, and run out the
appeals, the lower the age of responsibility.

We've apparently decided to stop executing children, so anything is
possible g.

Just setting the record straight.

Fair enough.

I should further note..that Im not a fan of capital punishment, so I
don't have much of a dog in this fight.

On the other hand..I do believe in exile.

Then we aren't so far apart. They should put us in charge
of corrections. g

Ned Simmons

I still like the idea of old-fashioned outlawry: Refuse to obey the law,
forfeit its protection as well.

Not a prayer of it happening in contemporary USA though.

Where're a few good Norsemen when you need 'em? Not a Thing to be had
anywhere!

Indeed. Buy Madagascar or someplace similar and simply turning the
convicts loose to fend for themselves, along with tools, concret and
whatnot, would cost us little money, take a hell of a load off the
taxpayers and be humane.

Of course one would have to provide medical care, which would be
simple..perhaps H1-B visas? G and manditory sterilization of male
and female prisoners before turning them loose..

Since its estimated at least 25% of the prison population is actually
innocent of the crime(s) they were convicted of, this would still
allow society to retrieve them if they were found innocent.

Giving them a dirt nap tends to be one way.

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael