DanG

How many times do you need to read Quincy? No compressor is
whisper quiet. Some are more tolerable than others. My Quincy is
in the same room, most of the noise comes from an add on check
valve that I installed. If you can pipe the air intake outside
and survive the consequences (heat and cold) the sound level drops
exponentially.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"David Merrill" wrote in message
OK guys, 21 replies so far and no one has identified a specific,
off-the-shelf portable compressor that he considered to be
("whisper-")
"QUIET". Is one to conclude that despite 'doing their research'
no one else
has been able to find one either and the only way to obtain one
is to build
it up from components as described by several respondents ?

David Merrill

"Frank J Warner" wrote in
message
news:030320051122460576%warnerf@veriSPAMMERSDIEzon .net...
Couple months ago I bought one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/yyqd

snip...

My old compressor was almost whisper-quiet. I could use it any
time of
day or night without waking the whole neighborhood, let alone
members
of my household, since my shop is attached to my house, and I
didn't
have to scream to make myself heard 10 feet away.

snip...

But I need ideas for a replacement that doesn't sound like a
friggin'
50-Cal going off in my workshop.

Any help and recommendations would be appreciated. Do mfrs put
dBs on
their specs anymore?