David Merrill

OK guys, 21 replies so far and no one has identified a specific,
off-the-shelf portable compressor that he considered to be ("whisper-")
"QUIET". Is one to conclude that despite 'doing their research' no one else
has been able to find one either and the only way to obtain one is to build
it up from components as described by several respondents ?

David Merrill

"Frank J Warner" wrote in message
news:030320051122460576%warnerf@veriSPAMMERSDIEzon .net...
Couple months ago I bought one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/yyqd

snip...

My old compressor was almost whisper-quiet. I could use it any time of
day or night without waking the whole neighborhood, let alone members
of my household, since my shop is attached to my house, and I didn't
have to scream to make myself heard 10 feet away.

snip...

But I need ideas for a replacement that doesn't sound like a friggin'
50-Cal going off in my workshop.

Any help and recommendations would be appreciated. Do mfrs put dBs on
their specs anymore?