chris French

In message ,
writes
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:29:51 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Firstly, off-road parking is going to make a difference of some
degree, but what I`d like to know is how do the various options
compare,

snip

I basically agree with you entirely. I want/ need to get a
hard-standing for practical reasons, but I`d really like to know if
one kind of hard-standing will ad significantly to the house value,
whereas other(s) wouldn`t ad much. If it`s all going to ad the same
amount then I might as well just go for tarmac. But is it?

I don't think that the surface will really make any great difference to
the house value, I think it might make a bit of difference to the
'saleability' of the house, as being at the front it may impact on 'kerb
appeal'. From this POV I'd avoid concrete, probably tarmac, or maybe
block paving, depending on what else is going on around visually.
--
Chris French, Leeds