John Stumbles

S Viemeister wrote:
John Stumbles wrote:

Omigawd! Sure I did it myself long ago, I think I drilled out as much
lead as posible and pried out the rest with a gash[1] screwdriver or
whatever came to hand

That's what we're in the process of doing right now - taking turns, because
it's in a very cramped corner, largely underneath the kitchen counter. And
we're tall people. It'll be my turn to crawl in there in a few minutes.
How did you actually get the spigot end loosened from the hub? This one
seems quite unwilling to leave the spot it's been in since 1912.

brute force & pig ignorance I guess - it was a long time ago and I've
forgotten the gory details (you know, like mothers forget what
childbirth was really like? :-)