Pete C

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:55:54 -0000, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

As part of her duties as my back-up team when I'm running a long distance
race, my wife may need to boil up stuff for my consumption in the car.

Because of the potential of severe midge attack, this may literally have to
be done in the car with the windows closed (so no gas or other naked flame
suggestions please) .

Hi,

Are they so bad you can't put a stove outside on the ground and shut
the door til a kettle boils?

How about a couple of rectangular no-see-um screens that fit the front
windows when they are lowered 4 or 6", or run the fan on high when
using the stove, plus a £25 CO alarm from Argos which has a built in
meter.

cheers,
Pete.