Asimov

" bravely wrote to "All" (03 Mar 05 09:54:40)
--- on the heady topic of "I need help finding a part to repair a PLaystation 2
game console."

How about slicing off "their" special connector and splicing in your
own?

A*s*i*m*o*v

dp From:
dp Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:42248

dp I recently purchased a non functional PS2 game system and only one bad
dp part is preventing it from functioning. I can get it to work with a
dp rigged up replacement but cant re-assemble until I replace the part.

dp What I am looking for and have been having trouble finding is best
dp described as a SMT ZIF FPC "Flip Lock" right angle style cable
dp connector. It has 7 contacts out the back and internally they are on
dp the bottom. It is used in the PS2 to connect the power and reset
dp switches to the mainboard. This part is the same across all version of
dp PS2 as far as I know (I have seen 5 out of the 12).

dp SONY informs me that no one but them is allowed to repair PS2 consoles
dp and they will not talk to me in any way about obtaining parts. This
dp seems stupid as the console had it factory coverage expire years ago.
[,,,]

.... Old pinballers never die, they just flip out.