max

Jer
I have two of these and they are the best. I think that these machines can
do everything modern machines can do and live forever. The new guides and
fence is well worth it.
max

I have an old Walker Turner 16 inch bandsaw that runs. The guides suck,
there is no fence and
I have put new tires on it. I've been thinking about upgrading it, new
guides (Carter $195.00)
fence (Kreg Precision Bandsaw Fence $145.00) and miter guide (??, maybe use
the TS one).

I've been looking at the Jet BS for $1k buck. Its a k buck vs $344 with no
assurance that
the Walker Turner will perform as a new saw. So what things should I look
for in my Walker
Turner that would indicate that its not worth upgrading ? I'm not concern
about resale value,
I don't sell my tools.

Thanks in advance.

Jer